What is an SAP onboarding tool? Why is it important that you have the right tool for SAP onboarding? And how can it help your organization? Let us know more below.
SAP Onboarding Tool
An SAP onboarding tool is a tool that helps in the process of transferring data from the old system to the new SAP system. Also, it helps in building a bridge between two disparate SAP systems. The purpose of this tool is to transform your data into a format that can be read and consumed by SAP.
What is an SAP onboarding tool? SAP onboarding tool is used by the IT team to make the data from one system to another. It is an important part of the transition process and it helps in transferring data from one system to another.
Further, it is being used for:
- Helping with the transition process
- Transforming data from one system to another
- Transferring data from one ERP to another
Why would you need an SAP onboarding tool?
It becomes very difficult and time-consuming for the IT team to manually convert data from one system to another. For example, if you have homegrown applications that are using different technologies like Java, C++, and more. Then, it becomes very difficult for the IT team to manually convert it into a format that can be easily consumed by SAP.
Then, an onboarding tool uses a set of rules and policies that can be applied to rules and policies. Thus, making it easy for a human or application to understand what needs to be done for the data to be consumed by SAP.
Benefits of Having an SAP Onboarding Tool
Here are the benefits of having and using this tool:
- It will help you transform your existing data into a format that can be easily consumed by SAP.
- This will help you reduce the time and effort required in transforming your existing data for it to be consumed by the new system.
- Then, it will help you scale your business faster. Because you can utilize your existing systems better when you have an onboarding tool compared with when you don’t have one.
- Also, it will help you operate more efficiently. Because you don’t have any manual intervention required every time there’s a change in the underlying source system during the transfer period. Thus, this leads to fewer errors and more efficiency with less rework involved since there are fewer manual changes
- Further, it will help in reducing the total cost of ownership. Because changes made on source systems are automatically reflected on target systems
- Finally, you will have complete control over the changes and updates being made in the source systems. Because you can use policy-based authorizations. Also, with the help of an onboarding tool, you will be able to make data available for various applications and users quickly. It will help you get one version of truth for your data
If you are planning to move to SAP, then you should consider getting an onboarding tool. It will help you with the transition process and it will also help you manage your data better.