What are some of the SAP HANA XSA deployment options that are available today? What is the one you need? Let us know more below.
SAP HANA XSA Deployment Options
SAP HANA XSA deployment means to install, configure, and deploy SAP HANA XSA. If you want to install SAP HANA XSA from scratch on a new host system, you need the following:
- SAP HANA XSA software media (SAP Note 1668100)
- SAP HANA XSA media for Linux or Windows (SAP Note 1718203)
- And SAP HANA XSA software key for Linux or Windows (SAP Note 1718203) for the chosen platform
Note that the SAP HANA XSA software key is not required if you want to upgrade an existing installation of SAP HANA XSA.
To configure and deploy SAP HANA XSA, you need access to the following:
- Target system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA (it’s recommended to use a system with an SSD drive
- Installation worksheet that was created during the installation of the system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA. (This worksheet contains all relevant information that is required to connect to the target system via SSH and run the deployment utility)
What Is SAP HANA XSA Deployment?
Let us then take time to know what SAP HANA XSA deployment is. It is the process of installing, configuring, and deploying SAP HANA XSA. This deployment is the process of setting up a system to host SAP HANA XSA and make it ready for use.
Further, the system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA must meet certain requirements. Those requirements are:
- The system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA must have access to the Internet.
- Then, the system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA must be a 64-bit platform.
- Further, the target system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA must have at least 10 gigabytes of available disk space.
- Finally, the target system where you want to deploy SAP HANA XSA must be a host PC or server (not a PC clone or desktop machine).
That’s just about it when it comes to the requirements. If the system meets the previous requirements, then you can go ahead with the installation and configuration of SAP HANA XSA on that system. The next step is then deploying SAP HANA XSA on that same target system.
SAP HANA XSA Benefits
What, then, are the benefits of this? Firstly, your company can save money on licensing and hardware. The XSA model uses only one license for SAP as well as for the database. What this means is that the XSA model gives you the same high-end performance that SAP customers have enjoyed before, but at a lower cost.
Then, the XSA model is available for SAP software running on all of the major hypervisors with Linux, Windows, and VMware virtualized environments. Further, you can combine SAP HANA XS Advanced with other SAP software on the same system (SAP ERP Central Component, SAP Business Suite, or SAP NetWeaver).
SAP HANA XSA deployment means installing and configuring a system for use as an XSA host. The risks you face when using this deployment are low, as long as you follow good practices when setting up your system.