How to use the Sap Apo deployment profile tcode? Also, what are the following tips to maintain the profile Tcode? We will see this in this section.
What is Sap Apo Deployment Profile Tcode?
The Sap Apo Deployment Profile Tcode is a tool to create apo. It is a tool to create the deployment profile tcode. We can use this deployment profile tcode if we use an SAP system in the central or distributed model.
Also, if you want to deploy a sap apo application. To do that, we must possess an SAP system with the SAP_EAS role.
How to use the Sap Apo Deployment Profile Tcode?
To use this tcode, we must be able to create an SAP APO profile and should have created one. If you have not created it, it will be good for you to create the profile first.
Once we have successfully created a profile. We can now do the following:
- navigate towards sap p&c -> sap apo profiles -> sap apo deployment profiles.
- From there, you can select the sap apo profile that you have created and click on “Edit” from the menu bar.
- Then click on “Create” from there.
- Then you need to fill up all the mandatory fields and leave all those fields which are optional.
- After filling up all the information, click on “OK” and again go back to the menu bar of “Edit” and then click on “Deployment Profile Tcode”. As soon as you do this, it will open up a new window.
- It is where you need to select the instance where you want to deploy this application and also enter the user name and password of that instance or system.
Remember that here we are supposed to enter only the username and password of the SAP system with SAP_EAS role otherwise, we will get a message saying “Invalid Username or Password”.
- Now click on “OK”. If everything is fine then it will give us a message saying “Deployment Profile for <SID> <ORG> <NAME> has been deployed successfully”.
- Now if you want to confirm that whether your application has been deployed or not then navigate towards
-> sap p&c -> sap applications -> sap application manager -> sap applications -> sap apo application (or) navigate directly towards sap apo applications -> sap application manager -> sap applications -> sap apo applications through transaction code SE16.
Then open any one of your applications. Which is deployed from your deployment profile by selecting its name from the menu bar.
And then you will see a message saying “Application <APPL_NAME> has been successfully deployed”.
SAP Apo Deployment Profile Tcode:
What are the tips that we need to maintain for the SAP Apo Deployment Profile Tcode?
Below are some of the tips that we need to maintain for the SAP Apo Deployment Profile Code:
- Remember that if you want to deploy more applications from your deployment profile. Then before doing that, you must first delete your previous APO deployment profile from your system otherwise it will give you an error.
Tip: If you want to deploy more applications from your deployment profile then we should first delete our previous APO deployment profile from our system otherwise we will get an error.
- To delete our previous APO deployment profile. We must be able to create another new APO deployment profile.
- If we have created a new APO deployment profile and also have deleted our previous one, then we can deploy more APO applications from this newly created deployment profile.