More businesses are realizing the need for the SAP Sales and Distribution Module which covers the detailed business path that involves an order from its initiation right up to its fulfillment. The various processes that involve the life-cycle of the order are all linked within the SAP SD and even to the other relevant processes that are outside SD such as Material management and Financial Accounting.
SAP Sales and Distribution Characteristics
- SAP SD has the right mechanisms to carry out the business processes that are normally used during the selling, billing and shipping of goods and services.
- It also contains a tightly integrated data flow that connects to the other existing SAP modules.
- Several languages and currencies can be used with the SAP sales and distribution module. It is actually possible to automatically convert to the currency and language of your respective country.
- SAP SD is flexible with sound functionality that is usually tailored via configuration. You can successfully customize this product to meet all the requirements of your business. This can of course be done through the use of the Implementation Guide and other existing functions.
- There is the pricing flexibility aspect which allows you to create even the most complex pricing scheme of course considering factors such as goods sold, customers, promotions and so on. Any rebate or reimbursement options are also very sophisticated and very easy to understand.
- SAP Sales and Distribution has this simple order entry which allows the user to enter all the order details in a single window with access to all the other aspects of the order such as header, schedule line data and item.
- It allows comprehensive reporting thanks to the SIS (Sales Information System) which enables data storage and, consolidation and reporting in various formats.
- Contains a flexible method of processing orders in batches. It allows the running of the processing of these batched orders as background tasks for the purpose of balancing the processing load.
The Structures Of SAP Sales Processing
Businesses are structured differently and for the SAP system to effectively work with your business, your company structure has to be well represented within the system. This can be successfully done through several organizational structures.
Full Sale Processing Basis
In SAP SD the products are usually sold, sent to the business partners or the services are done on them. The information about the services and products and the business partners is the basis for the full sale processing. You have to store the basic data within the system before a successful SAP sale processing is carried out.
Access To Master Data By Related Departments
Apart from sales and distribution, the other related departments of the business like material management or accounting has to access the basic data which is also known as the master data. This master data specifically, the material one is stored in a certain structure in order to allow adequate access from different areas.
Stored As Documents
The transaction process in the SAP sales and distribution is again based on this master data. All the business transactions in the SAP system are stored as documents. The documents for sales and distribution follow a certain criteria during structuring in order to maintain orderliness.
With the above basic outline of the SAP sales and distribution module most businesses should be equipped to understand how it works and the benefits