What are SAP onboarding modules? What is its purpose and what are its benefits? Companies using SAP need to know about these. So, keep on reading to know more.
SAP Onboarding Modules: Definition
SAP onboarding modules are tools that users can use to track the activities of data entered in SAP. It is a set of configurations that are created to track the data entered in SAP. The user has to configure the module for each business activity.
Then, once configured, the module continues to track data for the particular activity. By using this module, you can also analyze and compare data from multiple business units in an organization.
Further, before configuring these modules, you should follow some guidelines:
- You should create a new configuration and name it as required by the business activity.
- The user should create a new transaction code and use it for particular business activity.
- Next, the user should create a new Business activity class and use it for the particular business activity.
- Then, the user should create a new Business object class and use it for this particular business activity.
- The user should also create a new logical record type and use it for this particular business activity.
- Also, the user should create a new physical table and use it for this particular business activity.
- Additionally, you have to define all the fields which need to be tracked or compared during analysis or reporting.
- Finally, for each field, you have to define whether it is an independent field or an interdependent field, or dependent field, etc.
After doing all these things, you have to configure this module with all other modules used in your system. Once configured, the module will start tracking any changes made in any fields under that specific module itself. Such as sales order header fields, sales order line items fields, sales order details fields, and so on.
SAP Onboarding Modules: Benefits
What, then, are the benefits of these modules? Firstly, it will help the SAP onboarding process to be more efficient. It will also benefit the business activity, which can be tracked and analyzed in a better way.
Further, the module will help to analyze data in a better way. Therefore, it will improve the quality of data entered in SAP. Also, this means that such data is automatically entered into the system.
Moreover, the modules will help to reduce the number of errors as well. This also means that less time will be spent on data entry. Further, the module will help to maintain the same set of records for that particular business activity. Hence, it will be easier to track and compare data.
Further, using this module, it will be easier to manage business activities. Also, this will mean that there are fewer mistakes in entering data. Thus, the user can use this module to meet all these purposes and more.
If you are going to use SAP, then you need to know about these modules. This is because, by using these modules, you can track and analyze data in a better way. Also, you can improve your business activities by entering accurate data in SAP. Because of this module, time will be saved for data entry.