Are you looking for an SAP HANA cloud onboarding guide? If so, then this article is for you. This will help you know more about this kind of onboarding. So, keep on reading.
SAP HANA Cloud Onboarding Guide
To begin, SAP HANA cloud onboarding refers to the process of configuring your cloud environment to run SAP HANA on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP). The main objective of SAP HANA cloud onboarding is to create an SAP HANA SPS09 package, which will help you in the process of running the SAP HANA database.
Onboarding is performed by a partner. This process includes various steps, such as verification, validation, and configuration. For instance, the configuration phase includes resource allocation and network setup.
Then, the following pre-requisites are required for successful SAP HANA cloud onboarding:
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform. It is required for installing the database stack. It is recommended to use SPS12 or higher releases.
- Do proper planning.
- Find a suitable hosting provider.
For successful SAP HANA cloud onboarding, you need to follow the given steps:
- Contact the SAP service provider (SP) and subscribe to the SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- Then, the next step is to download the SAP HANA SPS09 software package. Extract the contents of the SAP HANA SPS09 software package.
- Then, the next step is to create a database in your cloud environment. After creating a database for the SAP HANA system, you need to create an administrative user account with the help of your SP. This will help you access your database from your local machine or from anywhere across the network.
SAP HANA Cloud Onboarding Importance
Why is this onboarding important? Firstly, it helps you in creating your SAP HANA database in the cloud environment. This means that you can now use this SAP HANA database in your cloud environment.
Secondly, it also helps you in finding a suitable hosting provider. Thirdly, it also helps you in creating an SAP HANA SPS09 package. This means that this package will help you in running your SAP HANA database.
Fourthly, it also helps you in verifying and validating your cloud environment. Thus, SAP HANA Cloud Onboarding is an important step towards the successful deployment of SAP HANA in the cloud environment.
Fifthly, your company can benefit in terms of improved performance, increased flexibility, increased scalability, and improved security. Sixthly, you can also benefit in terms of a decrease in your infrastructure costs.
Finally, onboarding means creating a package for your SAP HANA database. This package will help you in running your database.
Why Should You Use SAP HANA?
Why, then, should your company use SAP HANA? Well, it is recommended to use SAP HANA due to the following reasons:
- Firstly, it is easy to use.
- Secondly, it is capable of enabling real-time business decision-making.
- Thirdly, it has a unified in-memory platform.
- Fourthly, it excels in terms of performance and scalability.
- Fifthly, it can be used on any cloud platform.
- Sixthly, it supports SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP (AS ABAP).
- Seventhly, you can use this platform to run your business intelligence reports and queries.
- Eighthly, you can use this platform for analytical applications.
- Finally, this platform can also be used for the development of mobile applications