There are many business owners out there who may be interested in how to create purchase order in SAP. This platform has enough tools to be used by both vendors and buyers, which makes it an essential tool for both. However, there are a number of people who normally have a bit of confusion regarding the use of the software especially when it comes to giving instructions on purchases.
However, the good thing is that getting the hang of using SAP to make purchase orders. Some of the issues you will need to address when doing this include:
Making sure that all the preliminaries are alright
The first thing you will need to do before making the purchase order is finding out if everything to do with this is in order. Specifically, you should find out if there is funding for such a purchase. You also need to know more about the status of the vendor with regard to the system. If they are blocked, for instance, you may not be able to buy anything from them. It’s also important to find out what the PR quantity for the product you are buying is, since you may not be able to create a PO that is greater than this.
Steps to Creating the Order
Once you are sure that the above is in order, you can then go through the paces of making the actual PO.
The steps in doing this include:
- In the SAP main menu, go to Logistics, then Materials Management, then Purchasing, then Purchasing Order, then Create, then ME21N, then Vendor/Supplying plant Known.
- Double click on this and enter the vendor number.
- Click on the Item Overview Menu. In this, you can then enter details such as the material, the quantity needed as well as the plant where the material is going to be received. When learning how to create purchase order in sap, it’s important to make sure that this is done well so that there are no delays in delivery.
- Enter all the other relevant details concerning the order in the PO form including the delivery schedule, the acceptance period, taxes, conditions and the invoice. All these are tabs on the item form, which means that you are unlikely to have any difficulty filling them up.
- Once you are done with all this, you can then click on save and the PO will be successfully made.
When you are learning how to make such an order effectively, there are a number of things you should always keep in mind. The most important of these is making sure that all the above information is written as accurately as possible. This might seem like a major hassle, but it can end up saving you a lot in the long term. The information to do with taxes is particularly important, since doing it right will save you a lot of trouble when it comes to filing taxes later on.
The above is a brief overview of how to create purchase order in sap, and should help you do it with relative ease.